Cancellation & Transfer Policies
IMPORTANT: When you register for a course, you are paying for and taking up one 'place' in the course. Unfortunately, once training has started, we cannot substitute or fill 'your place' with another student and refunds will not be issued. The following are two examples of this situation:
Example #1: You complete Day 1, but miss Day 2 (sick, called into work, etc.). You now have not received Day 2 training which is required in order to move onto Day 3 training. Likewise, VISC now cannot drop in a new student to start on Day 2 as they have not had Day 1 training. In a case like this, the student who missed Day 2 training could make up the missed class by means of registering and paying for Extra Training session(s) before their next scheduled class in order to continue that course/class.
Example #2: If a short notice cancellation occurs and VISC cannot fill the vacancy, either because not enough time was provided to VISC to contact people on a wait list, or because the people on the wait list don't have enough time to make arrangements to make themselves available for the course.
1. Cancellations out of a course
1. If the cancellation is made:
1.1 - 31 or more days before the course begins, we will refund the course fees paid less a $100.00 administration charge.
1.2 - 15 to 30 days before the course begins, we will refund the course fees paid less a $150.00 administration charge.
1.3 - Less than 15 days before the course begins, there will be no refund of any course fees, unless 3.1 applies.
2. A Student who does not attend all of the scheduled sessions of the course they are registered in will be considered to have cancelled out of that course.
2. Transfers to a later course
1. If the request for the transfer is made:
1.1 - 31 or more days before the course initially- registered- in begins, the transfer will be made upon payment of a $100.00 administration charge.
1.2 - 15 to 30 days before the course initially-registered-in begins, the transfer will be made upon payment of a $150.00 administration charge.
1.3 - Less than 15 days before the course initially-registered-in begins, the request for a transfer will be considered as a Cancellation (see 1.1.3) such that,unless 3.2 applies.
1.3.1 the course fees for the course initially registered in will not be refunded; and,
1.3.2 the course fees for the later course must be paid in full.
3. Cancellations (1.1.3) and Transfer requests (22.214.171.124) made with less than 15 days before the course begins
We will endeavor to fill vacancies created in a course by a Cancellation or a Transfer, by making the vacated place in a course available to others. If we are able to fill such a vacancy by placing another Student in that course, we will:
1. for Cancellations, refund to the Student who has cancelled out of a course, a refund of course fees paid less a $150.00 administration charge.
2. for Transfers, the transfer will be made upon payment of a $150.00 administration charge.
* All references to fees and specific amounts are exclusive of applicable taxes, and all such amounts are subject to and will have applicable taxes added.